Welcome to ACWDC .......
ACWDC (African Caribbean Women's Development Centre) is a charitable organisation that positively addresses poverty, disadvantage and social exclusion by providing a range of learning opportunities, community services, activities, projects, including the ACWDC VDP - Volunteer Development Programme.
ACWDC, 603 High Road, London E106RF
ACWDC is located in East London, England, UK.
With disabled access, baby changing facilities, study/computer room.
ACWDC runs activities and projects at other locations apart from its base in East London. ACWDC can be easily reached by bus (69, 97, W16), overground (Leyton Midland Road), tube (Leyton, Walthamstow Central). ACWDC is 21 minutes from central London.
Examples of what we do:
- Community Supplementary School Project: FAVOUR in Leyton; HeLP in Walthamstow; WeLL in Walthamstow. (Tutoring and learning support for children and young people).
- CASE an advocacy and support service*.
- Provide learning opportunities, such 'English classes with a difference'.
- ACWDC VDP - Volunteer Development Programme.
- Young At Heart Programme (Elders Womens Project ; Elders Mens Project).
- Community events, cultural activities, including day trips, education trips.
- Produce the newsletter LABRISH! Current Volume 4, Issue 3 (see download section).
- Outreach support and information.
- Community research, consultations.
* Advocacy and support provided, by appointment.
WHEN ARE WE OPEN?
Monday 11.30am - 2.45pm
Tuesday 2pm - 4pm
Wednesday 1pm - 3pm (by appointment)
Friday 11.45pm - 3.30pm*
Saturday 10am - 1.15pm
*From 27th January 2017
** Photocopying; Administration Support; Fax **
*** Study/ Computer room ***
Do you have any questions or comment?
Call 0208 556 4053 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
ACWDC makes every effort to provide community services by fundraising, fees, contracts, grants and donations.